- General Questions
- Order and Payment
- Game Servers
- Domain Names
- Show all articles ( 28 ) Collapse Articles
- ASP.NET Hosting
- Website Builder
- Linux VPS
- Windows VPS and Forex VPS
- SSL Certificates
- Affiliate Program
- Customer Area
How to migrate a website to Fozzy web hosting?
Here are the main steps: make a backup of your website, make a dump of your database, copy the backup to our hosting, create and import the database, edit configuration files, check everything with service domain name *.fozzyhost.com, and change DNS servers for your domains to ns1.fozzy.com, ns2.fozzy.com
Here are the details:
- Ask your current hosting provider to make a backup of your website content, or do it yourself through the control panel. If you have a database, make a dump of it at PhpMyAdmin or in the shell using mysqldump program.
- Download the backup and dump to your computer.
- Upload backup and dump to our hosting. In order to download the backup, you may use file manager or FTP \ SSH. If the backup file size is more than 1 GB, we recommend uploading it using FTP \ SSH. It will allow you to avoid losing data in case of disconnection.
- If you have a database, create it at cPanel, create a user, and add a user to the database.
- Make an import of the database dump into your database. You may use the following instructions.
- Change your website configuration files because now you have a new database name and username. Usually, it is stored at configuration.php (wp-config.php for WordPress. Details).
- Check access to files, it should be 644, and on folders 755. Check here if you don’t know how to do that.
- Check your website at domain.com.fozzyhost.com, where domain.com is your domain name.
- Change your DNS servers according to your control panel. List of our DNS.
- Wait for DNS information update for 8-48 hours.