How to issue (activate) an SSL certificate
After you pay for an SSL certificate, you have to activate it and install it in your control panel.
- In your customer area go to the «Services – My services» section and click «Manage» in front of your certificate service.
- In the next section, choose «Activate SSL» and wait until CSR is generated. The CSR is generated automatically based on your profile data.
- Verify domain ownership by choosing one of the methods that is more convenient for you: adding a CNAME record to the domain’s DNS settings, uploading a special TXT file to your website, or sending a confirmation email. Sending an email is the most common way to verify your domain. You can send it to:
- domain administrator (owner) email
- A domain-based mailbox from the list of suggested usernames: admin, administrator, webmaster, postmaster, or hostmaster (the selected mailbox must be created in advance so that it is already working and can receive the email).
You will receive a confirmation email within 15-30 minutes. This email contains your personal code and certification center website link. Copy the code, follow the link, paste the code into the form and click «Activate».
A regular or WildCard certificate will be issued within 10-15 minutes after the domain is verified. Issuing an EV certificate may take up to 1 month.
- Once the certificate is issued, download it on the certificate service page. For security reasons, we don’t send certificates by email.
- Install the downloaded certificate according to the instruction for your control panel: cPanel, DirectAdmin, ISPmanager, Plesk.
If you have any difficulties or need help issuing or installing a certificate, please contact us. We will help you anytime.