- General Questions
- Order and Payment
- Game Servers
- Domain Names
- Show all articles ( 28 ) Collapse Articles
- ASP.NET Hosting
- Website Builder
- Linux VPS
- Windows VPS and Forex VPS
- SSL Certificates
- Affiliate Program
- Customer Area
How to connect to your Team Fortress 2 server, how to set a password for the server?
In order to find your server and connect to it, you must follow a series of actions dictated by the game. Including, you need to set a password for the server (if necessary).
How connect to the server
There are several different methods for this:
Method 1 – Steam Favorites List:
- Start Steam.
- Select “View” -> “Servers” from the menu at the top.
- Click on “Favorites”.
- Now you need to add IP+port of the game server in the “FAVORITES” tab using the steps shown on the screenshot.
You can find IP+port of the server in the welcome letter from us or in the game panel in the place marked on the screenshot below.
- On the right bottom corner select “Refresh”. Select your server and click on “Connect” (If you click on “Connect” without refreshing before, an error may appear. This is a bug from Steam).
Method 2 – Game Console:
- Launch game.
- Open the console (the ` key).
- In the game console, enter the “connect” command followed by the IP and port (“connect SERVERIP:PORT“).
- Press “Submit”, then join server.
How to set a password on the server
- Login on your game panel.
- In the server overview, click on the name of your server.
- In the top menu, click on “Startup”.
- Set the desired password in the “Server Password” field.
In this article