- General Questions
- Order and Payment
- Game Servers
- Domain Names
- Show all articles ( 28 ) Collapse Articles
- ASP.NET Hosting
- Website Builder
- Linux VPS
- Windows VPS and Forex VPS
- SSL Certificates
- Affiliate Program
- Customer Area
How to create a new database on ASP.NET hosting
Open the web control panel. In the left menu select “Databases”. Click “Add Database”.
On the “Add a Database” screen:
- Fill in a desired database name.
- (Optional) Select what website will use this database. This is not mandatory and doesn’t affect anything from the technical perspective — just a UI thing.
- Create a new database user: you may choose any name, but usually it is easier to use the same name you used for the database.
- Generate a strong password. We recommend at least 16 characters long.
Write down the database server name, database name, user name, and password — you will need those to configure your application.
In this article