- General Questions
- Order and Payment
- Game Servers
- Domain Names
- Show all articles ( 28 ) Collapse Articles
- ASP.NET Hosting
- Website Builder
- Linux VPS
- Windows VPS and Forex VPS
- SSL Certificates
- Affiliate Program
- Customer Area
How to connect to an MS SQL database from your PC
This article guides you how to remotely connect to an SQL Server database on our ASP.NET hosting.
- Install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Open it. You will be greeted by a “Connect to Server” window. In that window fill in connection details as following:
- Server type: Database Engine
- Server name: the name of the server that you use to open your web control panel.
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
- Use the login and password that you specified during the database creation.
- Click “Connect” and you will get a new server object in the “Object Explorer” panel on the left. Expand it.
- Next, expand “Databases”, find your database in the list.
- You did it! Expand your database and work with it as usual.
In this article